Monday, April 21, 2008

Decision 2012

Nothing like thinking ahead. On this the day before there's F-I-N-A-L-L-Y going to be a Democratic primary vote in Pennsylvania. After what seems like what, seven years of campaigning? I have a suggestion that will give all Americans a break from this complete insanity.

Set a starting date for 1) declaring to run and 2) the start of campaigning. Anyone who violates either date is automatically out of the race. No exceptions. Not even for Chelsea, who is sure to run in 2040.

Make the official starting date a year before the election. Maybe fourteen months. Max. We've been going through this election cycle since Minor Bush won the last election. Four years of "the run for the White House" is just frickin' ridiculous. At this point I'm almost ready to say, who cares? Just get it over with.

Yes, I'm supporting Obama. But I would have voted for him two years ago. No, I don't support Hillary or McCain. And no amount of campaigning will change my mind.

Of course, the big question for me is... in a choice between Clinton and McCain, who will I vote for? Stay tuned.

No comments: